Amazon

Monday, April 18, 2011

"Dirt Road Anthem" The Way It Should Be Done By Colt Ford and Brantley Gilbert

Jason Aldean has recently released his newest single “Dirt Road Anthem” which he debuted at the ACM awards earlier this month.  If you have read my review on his newest album “My Kinda Party” you know that I had mixed feelings about his performance with this one song in particular.  After seeing him sing it live, I dislike his version even more.  His version just doesn’t appeal to me.  I have listened to it several times and the fact that I have heard the original makes it not measure up to the standard that Colt Ford and Brantley Gilbert have set for the song.  Reading some of my other posts you, can tell that I tend to like more traditional country music, but this song is one of the exceptions.  “Dirt Road Anthem” was intended to be a “country rap” song and Aldean just can’t pull it off as well as the originals. 
I don’t like giving bad reviews on here because I think it is a waste of my time and yours, if I write and have you read a 500 word post that tells you not to buy a song.  However, I’m going to take this opportunity to lead you to a better version of the song.  Brantley Gilbert and Colt Ford have actually made two versions of “Dirt Road Anthem”, one which appeared on Ford’s first album and the second which is the last track on Gilbert’s album “Halfway to Heaven.”  Give these songs and listen and let me know which you think is the best version.  I’m going to be willing to bet it will be one of the versions by Colt Ford and Brantley Gilbert.
The original version is available here: Dirt Road Anthem Featuring Brantley Gilbert



No comments:

Post a Comment