Amazon

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chris Young "Tomorrow" Single Review

I’m not big on reality musical contests that are on TV now days.  American Idol has a lot of viewers and millions of people vote for their favorite singer, but how many of the winners actually go on to be a big success.  I will say that I was a viewer of Nashville Star, and that contest gave us one of the best traditional country music singers over the past few years, in Chris Young.  Young has finally started to have some success after his huge hit “Getting You Home”  (AKA The Black Dress Song), but I think the new song “Tomorrow” is just as good, and in my opinion even better.
Tomorrow” covers a topic that so many country music songs and pretty much all genres of music cover.  That is the, I’m leaving but I’m going to give it one more shot song.  While some people think this theme has been covered too many times, there are really only so many things you can write a song about.  The key to making it work is having great lyrics and music to back those lyrics up.  This song pulls that off with the right blend of a traditional sounding steel guitar and an electric guitar solo that doesn’t rock the song up too much.  The lyrics are what really shine with the unforgettable lines of “we’re like fire and gasoline, I’m no good for you, you’re no good for me.”  The song tells of regret that will come in the morning, “but tonight I’m going to love you like there’s no tomorrow.”
As I already stated, I believe this is one of Young’s best songs yet.  I personally still like “Drinking Me Lonely Tonight” and consider it his best, but I believe this would come in second for me.  Young’s new album is set to come out this summer; therefore this song is currently only available by mp3 download.  I’m sure you have heard the song by now and if you haven’t I have embedded a YouTube link.  I think it’s a shame that he wasn’t asked to sing it at the ACM awards, but that wasn’t much of a country show.  I would have much rather seen Chris Young and Justin Moore instead of the rock and pop artists, but I’m getting off the subject here.  Give the song a listen if you haven’t heard it.  I think it’s another song you will want to add to your mp3 collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment